Here is a guide how to install WordPress quick and easy in a few steps.
- Download the latest version of WordPress
- Create a new database and a MySQL user on your server
- Unzip the folder with the latest WordPress version
- Rename the wp-config-sample.php file to wp-config.php
- Open the file wp-config.php with your editor
- Search for these lines:
// ** MySQL settings – You can get this info from your web host ** //
/** The name of the database for WordPress */
define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘database_name_here‘);/** MySQL database username */
define(‘DB_USER’, ‘username_here‘);/** MySQL database password */
- Enter the database name, username and password (you’ve created them on step 2). Pay attention that the only thing that need to be changed is with a bold text above!
- Save your changes to wp-config.php
- Upload all the files in your wordpress folder on your server
- Open a browser and just type http://www.mydomain.com/wp-admin/install.php
And that’s all! If there’s any problems feel free to ask. I’ll write a detailed tutorial soon.